Increase user engagement and friendships on your Social Network.
This plugin provides you the best tools to increase user engagement on your Social Network. This highly customizable plugin enables your site to recommend various content and friends to users, just like Facebook does, and is amongst the most useful social graph feature for your Social Network. Users can also suggest content and friends to their friends. The algorithms behind the recommendation engine are based on user relevance, and highlight content and people that the users might actually be interested in.
Suggestions are shown to users in widgets, pop-ups, and users can also receive them from their friends. Users may reject suggestions that they are not interested in, and such suggestions will not be shown to them again. The suggestion displays are also triggered at admin configurable action points as mentioned in the Recommendations & Suggestions tab. The Mixed Recommendations widget shows to the users suggestions from the various available suggestion types.
This plugin provides your social network and its users effective tools to expand their social graphs. It enables your site to give sound recommendations to users for adding friends. Users can also suggest friends to their other friends, and these trusted suggestions can lead to a chain of friend additions. Users can also securely import their contact lists / address books from popular email services and applications to invite their contacts to the site, or to see which of their contacts are site members, and add them as friends. These features are very similar to the ones on Facebook and allow for quick growth in your site's user-base, connections and engagements.
- Users are shown recommendations via Recommendation Widgets for content and friends, just like it is on Facebook.
- Users can suggest content and friends to their friends. This can be done through:
- Suggestion popups appearing after admin configurable actions.
- "Suggest to Friends" links on content pages and friends profiles.
- There are also suggestions like suggesting profile picture to friends and contacting a friend.
- Supports recommendations and suggestions for 9 SocialEngine plugins, and more.
- Many widgets for showing recommendations to users and many suggestion popups.
- New! Support for ALL plugins: This plugin now supports Suggestions and Recommendations for content from ANY content plugin.
- Thus, the various Recommendation widgets from this plugin can now recommend content from any such content plugin as configured by you.
- Additionally, using the "Suggest to Friends" links, users will now be able to suggest to their friends, content from ANY content plugin as configured.
- Suggestion popups appear after actions on content and friends like creating group, joining group, creating classified, creating album, adding friend, approving friend request, etc. Users can suggest the joined group to their friends, and so on. New! "Select All" option in suggestion popups increases virality of suggestions along with the trust factor already associated with them.
- Algorithms of the recommendation engine are based on user relevance and show recommendations which the users are likely to be interested in.
- Highly configurable Site Introduction Popup to welcome new users on the site.
- Seamlessly integrated with SocialEngine Notifications and Requests systems. When a suggestion is given to a user by a friend, the user receives:
- Update notification
- Email notification
- A new request in Requests widget and Requests page.
- Users can see and easily act upon suggestions received from friends on the Requests page, and the suggestions listing page.
- Users can remove / reject recommendations which they do not find useful. These recommendations are replaced by new ones via AJAX.
- Viral features similar to the ones on Facebook, to grow friend connections on your site, and the user-base.
- Friend Recommendations (People you may know) widget, which also enables users to see mutual friends.
- Friend Suggestion popups:
- Popup after "Add as Friend": After a user sends a friend request to someone, he is shown a popup to suggest that member to his other friends who might know that member. The selected friends for the suggestion will receive the Friend suggestion and its update.
- Popup after clicking on "Suggest to Friends": Clicking on the Suggest to Friends link on a friend's profile enables user to suggest this friend to other friends.
- Popup after Accepting Friend Request: After a user accepts a friend request, he is shown a popup suggesting to him friends of the added friend which he might be interested to add.
- "Find Friends" page lists more friend recommendations for the user than the "People you may know" widget. This page also allows users to search for friends on the site.
- Import & Invite functionality: Users can import their contact lists / address books from the below mentioned services to see which of their contacts are present on the site and add them as friends. Users can also send invites to their contacts who are not on the site.
- Popular Webmail services supported: Gmail, Yahoo, Windows Live (Hotmail), AOL.
- New! Popular Social Networking services supported: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Contact Lists in CSV & TXT formats can be uploaded and imported. Some services supported are: LinkedIn, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Address Book, Mac OS X Address Book, Palm Desktop, Windows Mail.
- Inviter can be included in the signup process to enable users to get their friends along on your website when they signup.
- New! List of Accepted Referred Invites:
- Earlier only count of accepted invites was visible associated with the user who had sent those invites.
- Now, site Admin can see the list of users who have accepted the invite sent by your existing site users.
- You can also see the time at which invites has been accepted by the new users along with other details like: Display Name, User Name, Email Id.
- New! Graph View of Invite Statistics:
- See the status of various invites in Graph View based on different filters like: referred invites, sent invites and daily, weekly, monthly, yearly time duration.
- Now, you can visualize the increase / decrease in the accepted invites in just a glance.
- You can also know the rate at which referral / sent invites are being send by your site users and how many are getting accepted.
- Email queuing mechanism for sending out invite emails.
- Ajax based features for good user experience. New! Admin can enable content of various Recommendation widgets to be loaded via AJAX, after the loading of main webpage content. This is great for improving webpage loading speed.
- New! A new generalized widget: "Recommendations (selected content)" can be placed at desired places from the Layout Editor. Content type to be shown in the widget can be selected from the widget's "Edit" popup.
- New! "Explore Suggestions" widget recommends quality content from your community to non-logged-in users, which may in-turn increase signups on your website. A good location to place this widget would be your site's homepage.
- Seamless integration with SocialEngine's theme system.
- Mobile Compatibility: This plugin is compatible with our "Mobile / Tablet Plugin".
- Based on user relevance
- Shows content and people that users are likely to be interested in.
- New! 3 types of algorithms for the various recommendation types based on the quality of recommendations they return: High, Good, Average. Admin can choose the quality for recommendations for each type.
- Choose settings for the various widgets.
- Enable / disable the various suggestion popups triggered for the user actions as mentioned above.
- Configure the suggestions that should be included amongst the mixed suggestions.
- Configure the site introduction / welcome popup.
- Configure templates for suggestion email notifications.
- Configure settings for the contact importer.
Admin Demo provided upon request.
The Suggestions / Recommendations Plugin comes with 12 recommendation widgets and 14 suggestion popups. A new generalized widget: "Recommendations (selected content)" can be placed at desired places from the Layout Editor. Content type to be shown in the widget can be selected from the widget's "Edit" popup. This plugin supports ALL plugins and can be configured to show Suggestions and Recommendations for content from ANY content plugin.
|Suggestions Type||Separate Widget||Part of Mixed Widget||Suggest to Friends Link||Popup 1||Popup 2||Description|
People you may know
|Upon adding a friend. Suggest this user to other friends.||Upon approving friend request. Add other friends of this user.||Users can also suggest friends to their friends having few friends.|
|Upon creating group. Suggest this group to friends.||Upon joining group. Suggest this group to friends.||--|
|Upon creating classified. Suggest this classified to friends.||--||--|
|Upon creating video. Suggest this video to friends.||--||--|
|Upon creating blog. Suggest this blog to friends.||--||--|
|Upon creating event. Suggest this event to friends.||Upon joining event. Suggest this event to friends.||--|
|Upon creating album. Suggest this album to friends.||--||--|
|Upon creating music. Suggest this music to friends.||--||--|
|Upon creating poll. Suggest this poll to friends.||--||--|
Recommended Forum Topics
|Upon creating forum topic. Suggest this topic to friends.||Upon replying to forum topic. Suggest this topic to friends.||--|
|Directory Item / Page Suggestions||
|Listing / Catalog Item Suggestions||
|Upon creating listing. Suggest this listing to friends.||--||--|
|Upon creating recipe. Suggest this recipe to friends.||--||--|
|Profile Picture Suggestions||--||--||Users can suggest profile picture to friends without a profile picture.|
|Contact Friend Suggestions||--||--||Users are shown suggestions to message friends whom they have not contacted for long on the site.|