It is very important for web applications to have a good loading. A fast loading website not only provides better user experience, but also enables users to do more activity on the website. As a website administrator / owner, you cannot overlook the importance and benefits of speeding up your website.
This Service for Enhancing the Performance of your SocialEngine PHP Website includes setting up and configuring the following for your website (details of these setups / services and their benefits mentioned below in this page):
- If your website is hosted on a Dedicated Server:
• APC Cache
• MaxCDN (Learn more about MaxCDN)
- If your website is running on Amazon Web Services (AWS): In this case, in addition to the above mentioned setups for dedicated server hosting, you can have the following setups and configurations done:
If you would like us to install and setup your SocialEngine PHP website on Amazon Cloud, then visit our service: "SocialEngine Setup and Installation on Amazon Cloud (AWS)"
Details of the above setups and services:
SocialEngine PHP comes with many in-built performance enhancement features. While many of you are familiar with the in-built caching feature that is activated in Production Mode (if enabled from "Performance & Caching" in Admin Panel), SocialEngine also comes with in-built support for CDNs and external storage systems, which is very useful for improving your website's performance
With CDNs and external storage systems integrated to your website, rather than hosting your website on a single server, you can distribute the files and load across multiple systems. Thus, when users open your website, the web page content gets simultaneously downloaded from multiple sources, which leads to faster page loading speed and enhanced user experience!
These CDNs and storage systems are spread across the world and a user gets served from the closest location. This means reduced latency which also contributes to fast page loads.
APC Cache is extremely well suited to accelerating heavy PHP applications. This op-code caching mechanism leads to faster runtime execution of your website's code. For a heavy application like an online community consisting of a large source code base, one can expect around a 3x increase in page generation speed as a result of enabling APC Cache.
Amazon S3 will be used as a storage system for file uploads on your website like users' photos, videos, music, etc.
Amazon Cloudfront is a content delivery system that is optimized to work with Amazon S3.
Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) is a fast performing, reliable and scalable relational database in the cloud, that comes with many additional benefits.
See the "Pricings" tab above.
1) Before ordering this service, you should have already signed up for:
- MaxCDN (from here: Find out more about MaxCDN)
- Amazon AWS (from here: http://aws.amazon.com/ . Amazon is currently offering a 1 Year - Free Usage Tier. To sign up for this amazing offer, please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/free/) .
2) APC Cache installation must be allowed for your hosting. You may confirm this from your hosting company. If you are using a dedicated hosting (and not a shared hosting), then APC Cache installation is most likely permitted for your hosting.
Details Required for Service:
We will be needing the following information from you to proceed with setup and installation. Please send these to us via a Support Ticket from your SocialEngineAddOns Client Area after purchasing this service:
1) MaxCDN Account Login:
2) AWS Account Login (You just need to do basic signup for AWS from here: http://aws.amazon.com/free/ and give us your account details. We will do the other AWS configurations for you.):
3) SSH or cPanel Details (if you do not know these, then please ask your hosting company):
- Host / URL
- Port number (for SSH details)
4) Site Admin Login:
- Site URL
- Admin Email
- Admin Password
This service is normally completed in 12 to 48 hours.
• MaxCDN: View MaxCDN's pricing and plans
MaxCDN costs $9 per month for 100 GB bandwidth per month.
• Amazon CloudFront: http://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/pricing/
• Amazon RDS: http://aws.amazon.com/rds/pricing/Amazon's pricing is purely usage based. Hence, you only pay for the resources that your website uses and nothing more. For all AWS Services, you can calculate what your Monthly / Weekly / Daily costs would be, by using this simple Calculator: http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/calc5.html . You will be glad to know how economical these powerful services will be for you.
The below table shows approximate monthly costs for the various AWS Services :-
|Amazon S3 + CloudFront||About $3 per-month for 1 to 20 GB storage and data transfer|
|Amazon RDS||About $16.5 per-month for a db.t2.small instance type of 20 GB storage with 1 year Heavy Utilization Reserved|
We recommend Amazon AWS Cloud hosting for your website. If you are interested in hosting or migrating your website to the powerful yet economical Amazon AWS Cloud, then please order our service: "SocialEngine Setup and Installation on Amazon Cloud (AWS)".